Tuesday, January 22, 2013

DIY: Tiled Mirror Tutorial

I have seen all those tiled mirrors all over pinterest. I absolute LOVE them.  I have always wanted to make one but knew it would take a lot of work. (that is why I haven't taken the time to do it yet) This past week I was sitting in my living room looking at the huge mirror I have on the way and the light bulb came on. Why can't I just make that big mirror into tiles. 

You know what that means.... Off to Lowes...


Here is more detail on how I made it. 

1. I took the huge mirror off my wall!!

2. I went to Lowes and bought some decorative molding that would match the outside of the frame.

3.  I measured and cut the molding to fit the frame. 
4. I sprayed painted the molding to match the frame. (I used the glossy kind)
5. Placed the molding on the mirror and hot glued it down.

6. Hang it back on the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover