Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday's Featured Teacher and Freebie.....Meet Richi Reynolds

Meet Richi Reynolds over at
Ribbons, Recipes and Rhymes

Ribbons, recipes and Rhymes


What do you teach? And where? 

Retired, but I have taught prek-3 with the majority of my time spent in k.

Alabama

What is one of your favorite memories in the classroom?
Little kids just love their teachers. I always loved all the sweet things the little ones would tell me on a daily basis. The "I love you, Mrs. Reynolds", totally kept me going! And we did plays every year...big productions. They were always so amazing. I get former students, all grown up, coming back to tell me that their play is still their favorite kindergarten memory.

What was your hardest experience while teaching? How did you overcome it.
I was a team teacher. I did my student teaching in a team teaching situation and it was always my goal to be able to team teach with someone. When I finally found someone whose philosophy and style of teaching was similar enough to mine, that is exactly what I did and we did it well for 12 years. It was the most amazing experience. We could do so much more together. But we got a new principal who did not allow team teaching. It was so hard, because it was the year my youngest came to kindergarten. So all those wonderful things we had been doing went out the window just when it was extra important to me. I struggled for a long time, but finally I just had to let it go. He finally retired and the principal who replaced him was wonderful and supportive and we teamed up again, but my baby still missed out.

What advice would you give a new teacher or someone switching grade levels?
Go to the best teacher you can find in the grade you are switching to and get his/her advice.

Richi would like to offer all followers a 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover