Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday's Featured Teacher and Freebie....Meet Lynn Aydlett

Meet Lynn Aydlett over at
Camping Teacher



What do you teach? And where? 
I am a teacher in North Carolina. Last year I taught kindergarten. This coming school year I am hoping to be in 2nd grade

What is one of your favorite memories in the classroom?
I love it when my little ones say funny things! I love it when lessons go well! I love it when a child starts to read! I love it when children tell tall tales to me and their peers and they seem to really believe it! One student told the story of how his sister fell off a 1000 foot waterfall and survived! He even drew a picture! I also love it when parents and students came back to tell me that I was their favorite teacher!

What was your hardest experience while teaching? How did you overcome it.
One year I had a student who was obviously mentally ill. Her illness was undiagnosed and her mother was a wreck trying to figure out what to do. She had older and younger sisters who were mimicking her behavior. Her behavior in the classroom was intolerable. She was destructive and disruptive. I could not get through a lesson without a meltdown. She was affecting the other students behavior and learning. It was the most difficult year I ever had and I pulled through it thanks to very supportive administrators. They never blamed me. They would take her out of the room regularly to give me and my students a break. They would help with ideas on controlling her and would help mom with resources. Turned out this little girl had been molested at a day care center. We believe that was the cause of her mental instabilities.

What advice would you give a new teacher or someone switching grade levels?
Utilize those teachers who are retiring or who are cleaning out their stuff. You can get books, posters, and other items for your classroom from these teachers. Also, save things! I use butter and cool whip containers for everything!


Lynn would like to offer all followers a 

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover