Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday's Featured Teacher and Freebie... Meet Danielle

Meet Danielle over at
Krazee 4 Kindergarten



What do you teach? And where? 
I teach Kindergarten- All subjects in Florida

What is one of your favorite memories in the classroom?
Wow...where do I start. :) I would say my favorite memory occurred during my first year of teaching. I was offered a job teaching Kindergarten. At the time, I did not have an education degree, I have an undergraduate degree in Organizational Management and I was finishing up my Master's in Education Technology. I did not have any experience at the time with teaching besides substitute teaching the school year before. I remember telling my mom (who is a 2nd grade teacher) "there is no way I will be able to teach my students to read". Well, then November rolled around and magically after teaching letters and sounds and other reading strategies for the first 2 1/2 months of school my kids were actually reading. This was a WOW moment in my teaching career. I knew right then that I was in the right career- Five years later I am still loving my job as a Kindergarten teacher.

What was your hardest experience while teaching? How did you overcome it.
My hardest experience while teaching was my first year of teaching. I started teaching 2 1/2 weeks into the school year. The county I work in as a 10 day count rule. Where they wait out the first 10 days of school before hiring new teachers. I was the 6th teacher to join the KG team that school year. Because I did not have the experience of attending an education program or even doing an internship, there was a lot I didn't know. I was very fortunate to have my mom who teaches 2nd grade at the same school support me as well as many other supportive faculty and staff members at my school. They really helped me make it through my first year of teaching.

What advice would you give a new teacher or someone switching grade levels?
I would say support of fellow teachers is a must! I am grateful to work with wonderful people at my school. Pinterest and TPT have been a lifesaver for me! Always keep on top of the new technologies and strategies out there. When times get stressful, just know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Danielle would like to offer all followers a 
Freebie!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover