Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday's Featured Teacher and Freebie... Meet Paul Chandler

Meet Paul Chandler over at
MisterVA Back to School

What do you teach? And where? 
I teach Grade 7 Language Arts at Hardee Junior High School in Wauchula, FL.

What is one of your favorite memories in the classroom?
The last day of school this year when two students handed me cards indicating how much they had learned and thanking me.  Since I did not have those students in my classroom that day, they made an extra effort to deliver them to me.

What was your hardest experience while teaching? How did you overcome it.
It was my first year after switching careers.  I was a long term substitute the year before. I guess it is a process to overcome difficult experiences and reaching a kid who does not want to learn is the toughest.  Using my planning period to meet with some of these students to give them some one-on-one help seemed to make a difference, but I am still trying to see how I can be more effective during those class times.

What advice would you give a new teacher or someone switching grade levels?
Ask advice whenever you can.  I did this constantly...especially prior to the start of the year.  Asking about incoming students can give you some good insight.  Especially, in figuring out classroom dynamics.

Paul would like to offer all followers a 
Freebie!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover